Magna Life Settlements Scholarship
Magna Life Settlements Scholarship is seeking to sponsor the growth and development of a student currently enrolled, or is enrolling into a four year collegiate program. This year we will award one $1,000 scholarship to an outstanding student who is interested in pursuing a career in finance.
To be considered for the Magna Life Settlements Scholarship you must:
1. Be a high school senior or currently enrolled.
2. Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high school graduation.
3. Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in finance or related field.
4. Demonstrate a passion for finance.
5. Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
6. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
7. Require financial assistance to attend college.
How to Apply
To apply for the Magna Life Settlement Scholarship, email the following documents to email@example.com:
1. Two letters of recommendation
At least one letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school. Letters of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters. (Letters must be on letterhead.)
Your résumé should include the following information:
—Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
—Honors and awards that you have received (if possible, include awards that are finance related)
3. Picture of yourself
Include an official “sealed” copy of your current academic transcript. (Unofficial copies will not be accepted.)
5. Two essays
1. In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also.)
2. In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship.