Magna Life Settlements Scholarship
Magna Life Settlements Scholarship is seeking to sponsor the growth and development of a student currently enrolled, or is enrolling into a four year collegiate program. This year we will award one $1,000 scholarship to an outstanding student who is interested in pursuing a career in finance. The deadline for submission is June 1st 2019:
To be considered for the Magna Life Settlements Scholarship you must:
1. Be a high school senior or currently enrolled.
2. Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high school graduation.
3. Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in finance or related field.
4. Demonstrate a passion for finance.
5. Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
6. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
7. Require financial assistance to attend college.
How to Apply
To apply for the Magna Life Settlement Scholarship, email the following documents to email@example.com:
1. Two letters of recommendation
At least one letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school. Letters of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters. (Letters must be on letterhead.)
Your résumé should include the following information:
—Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
—Honors and awards that you have received (if possible, include awards that are finance related)
3. Picture of yourself
Include an official “sealed” copy of your current academic transcript. (Unofficial copies will not be accepted.)
5. Two essays
1. In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also.)
2. In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship.
Knowledge, Opportunity and Guidance: The New Magna Brand
We have exciting news to share: Magna Life Settlements has a brand new look!
Since Magna began more than 14 years ago, our team has been dedicated to educating life policy owners and their advocates about the living benefits life insurance holds. This year, as we grow our team and expand our horizons, we decided it was time to align Magna’s brand identity with our core purpose:
We create financial opportunities for a better life now by utilizing an unexpected asset – life insurance.
How We Rebranded
With the help of a talented, strategic design studio, we got to work bringing Magna’s core values to life. After months of strategizing and analyzing the imagery, colors, fonts and logos that could accurately represent our mission, we landed on the right combination to embody the new Magna brand. The end result? A fresh new look that provides a lasting foundation for our brand identity.
Collaboration session with our design studio.
The Magna Logo
Magna’s core value since we began in 2004 revolves around guidance, which is why our new logo includes a nod to a consistent, life-giving and guiding force in the lives of our clients: the sun. At the core of Magna’s spirit and success are industry knowledge and expertise. Everything else radiates out from that point. The outcome of our core knowledge and expertise is opportunity, which is represented in the sun rays. The synthesis of our knowledge and the opportunity that it manifests is dynamic, unique and 100% integrated. This results in unique expertise that provides a platform for guidance.
Our Color Palette
For many years we associated the Magna brand with an orange, gray and black color palette. In an effort to align ourselves more closely with our parent company, Vida Capital, we developed a new palette that complemented Vida’s cool blues, whites and grays. We ended up with a mix of warm and cool tones that work in harmony and contrast to evoke emotions of hope and trust, newness and expertise.
Magna’s New Brand in Action
After aligning the look of our brand to Magna’s core values, we put our brand to work by refreshing our website and updating our marketing materials.
Magna Life Settlements’ Mission
To us, branding is more than beautiful design. It’s a way to show policy owners and their advocates who we are and what we stand for:
– We offer our financial solutions that one might not have known were available to them.
– We approach each policy owner with sensitivity, realizing that a life settlement is a financial transaction that is personally felt.
– We educate policy owners about the benefits available now from their life insurance, either from an investment or settlement standpoint.
– We have a solid reputation, an extensive portfolio, are backed by a proven entity and are a licensed provider in each of the 43 states where regulations require it, allowing us to serve all 50 states.
Thank you for celebrating Magna’s new brand identity with us and if you’re ready to find out the value of your life insurance, please visit our Life Settlements Calculator to receive an estimate.